Wednesday, July 30, 2014

1 year post-op!!!!!! 3 months post-op revision surgery.

Hey Everybody!

So I recently passed my 1 year post-op anniversary! And I am now 3 months post-op from my revision surgery so I thought I would talk a little about that experience and just update everyone about how I'm doing.


Revision Experience -

I went to Cleveland. My girlfriend and I rented a car and drove out there the day before surgery. I had surgery the following morning as an out patient procedure in his office. They prescribed me Ativan beforehand and I was instructed to take it 90 minutes before my procedure. So by the time I was walking into his office I was quite high and not at all nervous about surgery. lol So if there is anything you really want to talk to your surgeon about be sure to do it before revision day. I talked to him while under the influence, but he all ready had an idea of what he was doing before I came in so it's fine.

One complaint, I have told them a million times that I have an allergy to latex. It should say it on my file because when I filled out a medical history I wrote it on there. And they put it in the computer when I had the original surgery. And when I was in the waiting room I told the nurse when she came out to talk to me. I knew that they should be reminded because they have to set up special equipment usually when someone has a latex allergy. I found that out on original surgery day. When I told them I had a latex allergy while in the pre-op room and the nurse said they had to set up a new surgical room. They should have known but whatever, I understand mistakes happen and that's why I brought it to their attention. And that's why I brought it to the nurses attention when she came to talk to me in the waiting room before my revision. Sooooooo then I get into the room with the doctor and of course one of the first things he asked is "do you have an allergy?" And I say, "Yes, latex." And he started catching an attitude with me saying "You have to tell people these things." blah blah blah. That's when his nurse intervened and said "Oh, no he did tell me when we were out in the waiting room and I told him it was fine." Communication people! Come on! But anyways, he shut up when she said that. And he's lucky I was very high on Ativan or else I would have been mad. Anyways, he then went and got his latex free surgical things and all was fine in that regard.

The surgery was pretty quick. I don't have much concept of how long ti took exactly but I was practically falling asleep through it. The injections of the numbing medicine burned. The one in the tip of my penis especially sucked. lol But it made the area nice and numb for him to do his work and I was very unphased by it all. I laid there listening to his raido relaxing. When I was done the nurse walked me out to my gf in the waiting room. My gf took me out to a restaurant. I was fine but I was still super super high from the medicine. lol Then I went home and rested all day. The next day my girlfriend drove us home. I was fine on the car ride home. It was not nearly as painful as the original surgery. And I was back to work in a week after the revision surgery. Granted I was sitting on a pillow because my right testicle was bruised and I had stitches at the bottom of it so I was sitting directly on my stitches. But it really wasn't bad. It was nothing compared to the original surgery.

Another thing worth mentioning, I was charged $500 for this revision surgery. I personally think it should have been a free revision since it was in office and since it was mostly stuff that the surgeon could have prevented but I digress. I didn't make a big deal about it because I wanted it done and over with. I also didn't want to piss off someone who was going to do surgery on my penis. I also saved money by staying with a friend rather than in a hotel so I managed.

Results of Revision Surgery - 


In my last post I discussed the three things I needed done during my revision surgery. 1. extra skin removed at the base of my penis 2. foreskin fixed up a little 3. right testicle moved up more forward.

1. I'm happy with the extra skin removed at the base of my penis. It no longer reminds me of the outer labia that used to be there so I'm very happy about that because that was making me very uncomfortable.

2. Foreskin looks great! It's nice and uniform around the head now. I like it and I'm glad I had him touch that area up while I was under the knife.

3. He moved it up a bit. It's still lower then the left one but now the skin is more stretched out and moves easier. It is more in front of my legs when I'm standing normal so it looks better and is more comfortable. I haven't tried riding a bike yet so we'll see how that goes whenever I get around to doing that. I plan on doing some scrotal stretching to hopefully let everything hang more freely and now that my balls has been moved forward I am capable to do scrotal stretching. Before it was so low and tight it just wasn't possible to get anything wrapped around both testicles at the same time but now I can. So I'm very happy with that. Part of not having skin expanders put in before surgery means you are probably going to have a tighter scrotum depending on what kind of skin you have. I only wanted one main surgery and didn't want to deal with the pain and extra money of expanders so I took the risk knowing I'd probably have a tight scrotum. But like I said, now they are both placed in a good spot where I can put a scrotum stretcher above them and just let the skin stretch. The skin has also been stretching a lot on it's own over time for sure, I just want to help them along. lol

1 year Post-Op Update - 

It's been a whole year! Well I still love it. I still love seeing myself naked. I got nude and showed my penis to a room full of other trans guys at a lower surgery work shop at the Philadelphia Trans Health Conference. That was pretty cool! As I mentioned, as time goes on the scrotal skin is getting loser and moves more freely which is nice and I want it to continue to get loser so it moves more naturally.

Oh I had a very nice experience at the beach the other day. It was my first time going to the beach since having lower surgery. And for the first time, I didn't have to worry when getting in and out of the water about my lack of a bulge. While my penis is very small and therefore so is my bulge, there is still certainly enough there that when the shorts cling to me getting out of the water you can tell something is there. Before surgery I was always uncomfortable and nervous about that while swimming, especially at the beach where I am usually in semi shallow water and come in and out of waist level water frequently. Pre-op my wet bathing suit made it very apparent (at least in my mind) that nothing was there. But to my pleasant surprise, when I reached to move my clinging wet bathing suit away from my body I realized the clinging wet bathing suit just accentuates my package. lol So it's really super cool to not have to worry about that. And it was nice to have one of those moments where I'm reminded that having surgery is such a big relief. Now that I'm a year post-op it's easy to forget what it was like before. I'm glad that I was reminded how lucky I am to have had surgery. It's all those little nervous anxiety things about my genitals that were distracting me from living life before and while I am still trans and don't have a cis penis, my penis greatly improves my life by freeing me from a lot of the worrying and discomfort I used to live with. So it's really nice to say the least!

No regrets thus far. Again, sensation is fantastic, and aesthetically I'm very pleased. I still have my hang ups on how small it is and I have not ruled out phalloplasty down the road whenever insurance companies start to cover, but for now, this is exactly what I needed to be able to live comfortably. And for those who have not read my older posts, my urethra is untouched so that if I ever do have phalloplasty it wont increase my risk of urethra lengthening complications. Having a meta with urethra lengthening and then later going on to have your urethra lengthened again through a phallo increases your risk for strictures. Urethra lengthening is all ready a risky thing, and with the surgery I was having I did not want to potentially limit my future options or increase my risks for urethra lengthening. I don't know for sure if I will definitely seek phallo in the future but it's a very real possibility so I want to keep my options open. And as I've mentioned in the past, the surgery I chose was the option that would make me comfortable in my skin for now until I decide if further surgery will be necessary.

My Life Since Surgery - 

A few things worth mentioning, since having my original surgery life has been good! Since I was no longer struggling to save up for surgery I finally felt I was ready to move out of my parents house. So in November of last year I moved to Providence, RI and I now live here with some roommates. I was also asked to become a peer facilitator for the local trans support group here in Providence because the other facilitator was moving away. And that's been really cool to be a part of that. I am also involved with TGI Network of RI which is an organization that services the needs of transgender, gender variant, and intersexed individuals in RI. 

Non-trans related stuff, I got a job working an emergency veterinary hospital and I love it!!!!! I also got a kitten recently that came in as a stray at work. And he's the cutest little guy!

Oh and in December I started dating my girlfriend. She is awesome and super supportive. I will mention what that was like since some of you guys might wonder about dating while post-op meta. We met on OkCupid.com and on my profile I had stated that I was trans so I didn't really have to "come-out" about that. She was very much okay with me being trans and even though she had never dated a trans person before she is very trans-savvy. But we did talk a little about my genitals before getting in the sack. As many of you may know, the common myths are that "no trans men have lower surgery" or that "all trans men have lower surgery". In my experience, most queer or trans-savvy people assume you have no had surgery. But I have experienced the people that assume I have had surgery and even if they do, I feel like I need to disclose a little about my genitals beforehand since I don't have the typical cisgender penis package. Your mileage may vary. lol Anyways, somehow or another on the second date, at a restaurant we got on the subject of my penis. (Typical charming guy, talking about his penis at a restaurant on the second date.) But in vague terms I explained that I had lower surgery, which I was a little nervous about because I figured she had assumed that I didn't have lower surgery and I was worried how she would react to finding out I had surgery. People can sometimes be weird or uncomfortable with that sort of thing. But after I told her I had surgery I did feel the need to elaborate that my genitals were different than cisgender genitals. That part of the convo is not something that I would have really talked about with friends or casual acquaintances lol. But talking to someone who I was interested in sexually I personally felt I wanted her to know what I had going on in my pants ahead of time because sometimes when you tell someone you had surgery they assume your penis is just like every cis gender penis they've been with and I wanted to clarify. What other people disclose to partners about their body is up to them and they can do whatever they want to do, I'm just saying with me, I wanted to at least let her know that I had surgery, that my penis definitely "works" as in it has great sensation and I get erections, but it's very small and for the type of surgery I had, my set-up is not exactly that of a cisgender guy.

And she was super cool about everything. The conversation was very nonchalant. There was humor involved and it was light-hearted. I felt very comfortable sharing with her and she was very receptive of it all. And because of that conversation, I wasn't worrying in the back of my mind about how she was going to react when she "found out." So before we started being physically intimate, I was able to just get to know her and not really worry about that. When we did eventually start having sex, I was also very happy that she all ready knew about my fancy penis and there was no really big surprises. lol And something I think about a lot, I'm really happy that she never knew me pre-op. I feel like it gives me a certain level of comfort with her only having ever interacted with my body this way. I have a very deep level of comfort with her that I've never had before and it's awesome. Whether its from having surgery, or just because she's an amazingly accepting and wonderful person, I don't know, but I imagine it's a little of both.


Sooooo, I will leave everything at that. Maybe in a few months I'll update about how ball stretching is going and talk about anything else that might come up. Feel free to ask questions in the comments section, I get notified by e-mail when someone asks a question and I try to get back to them within a few days. Plus I'm very open and the whole point of this blog is to answer people's questions so go right ahead.

Take care!


12 comments:

  1. Hi, I have been following your blog for a while and finally decided to have the same surgery with Dr. Medalie. I was asked to send my photos for him to evaluate and I was quite nervous with it. When you sent your pictures, what exactly did you have to show, and should you been sitting? standing? shaved? I am just too shy to ask his secretory. Also, when he told you you were a good candidate for this surgery, did he mention the reasons?

    I am sorry if these questions are too personal, but I would really appreciate any details that you would like to share!
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I used my digital camera for high quality.i believe my pubes were pretty well trimmed. And I'm pretty sure I took pictures from a couple angles and with my body in natural positions. For example I was not pushing my hips out or spreading my legs just in a natural standing position so he could see where it was on my body.i also took some closer ones so he could really see the details of what he had to work with. I was flaccid in the pictures. Basically just try your best to show him in pictures an honest representation of what he's working with.if he needs more pictures from a different angle he'll let you know I'm sure.
      When he said I was a good candidate he said it was because of the hypertrophy from hormones. In other words he was saying I had a lot of genital growth from testosterone.

      Delete
    2. I Used Dr Aziba Product to solve my Penis Growth For Help!
      problem of 3.8 inches to 9.0 Inches in Less than Seven Days.
      Two hours after starting the Product, I began to feel its results. My penis was tingling (but it did not hurt), and little by little it was growing. Three days later, it already measured 6.6 inches. I had to do absolutely nothing because it was completely automatic. Six days later, I had gained one more Eight inch. The result: 8.1 inches! I began to feel more confident as I slept with my Girlfriend, who is always willing to do the dirty. In the end, she told me a lot has changed in me and i now gives her so much orgasms in half an hour. I'm recommending you with similar problem or any health issues like HSV,HPV,ALS,DIABETICE etc., to Get In Contact with Doctor Aziba via Email: Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com & WhatsApp +2348100368288 For Help!









      I Used Dr Aziba Product to solve my Penis Growth For Help!
      problem of 3.8 inches to 9.0 Inches in Less than Seven Days.
      Two hours after starting the Product, I began to feel its results. My penis was tingling (but it did not hurt), and little by little it was growing. Three days later, it already measured 6.6 inches. I had to do absolutely nothing because it was completely automatic. Six days later, I had gained one more Eight inch. The result: 8.1 inches! I began to feel more confident as I slept with my Girlfriend, who is always willing to do the dirty. In the end, she told me a lot has changed in me and i now gives her so much orgasms in half an hour. I'm recommending you with similar problem or any health issues like HSV,HPV,ALS,DIABETICE etc., to Get In Contact with Doctor Aziba via Email: Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com & WhatsApp +2348100368288 For Help!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have another question: did you choose the size of your implants? or the surgeon decided?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, sorry it's almost been a year since you asked this. I didn't see it until now. I left it to my surgeon because I figured he would know best what size would be most appropriate both aesthetically and what would fit with the anatomy I was working with. We did discuss it beforehand and I'm pretty sure he would have gone smaller had I asked him to.

      Delete
  4. Hi there, not sure if this blog is still active but I've just found it and read your posts... I'm considering meta too but my package is really really small (roughly 3cm flaccid) and I wonder if meta would increase length? What's your take on someone who has a small package having meta? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I haven't updated because not much has changed but I'm certainly open to answering questions. Meta can increase length for some people but it doesn't always. You wouldn't know until you had surgery. It could even shrink it due to retraction from scar tissue. Mine is not very big, trust me. lol But as far as having a meta, it's really your own personal decision. My suggestion to you would be to go into it with realistic expectations, that you're probably not going to gain much length. If you go into it with realistic expectations I think you'll be less likely to be disappointed. If the main reason you want meta is to increase length, then I'd reconsider your options for lower surgery because meta is probably not going to do it. Meta moreso frees up all the length your body has to offer so it's no longer hidden under skin. It basically makes it more prominent too so it appears bigger. I think any small guys should really consider going to a very skilled surgeon with lots of experience and one that has exampled he or she can show you. Look for pre-op pictures that are similar to your current equipment, and then look at the typical outcome of specific surgeons when dealing with set ups similar to yours.

      It's also really about what you're looking for. My penis was/is not very big. I was okay with that going into it. And now my penis definitely looks small on my body, but meta helped me with the things I needed from it: to have more masculine appearing genitals, to get rid of the inner labia, to have a shaft that was a complete cylinder etc. The tiny little bit of length (really tiny) I gained was just an added bonus.

      Hope that makes sense. I've been up all night and it's 8am! Let me know if you need me to elaborate or have any questions.

      Delete
  5. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Used Dr Aziba Product to solve my Penis Growth For Help!
    problem of 3.8 inches to 9.0 Inches in Less than Seven Days.
    Two hours after starting the Product, I began to feel its results. My penis was tingling (but it did not hurt), and little by little it was growing. Three days later, it already measured 6.6 inches. I had to do absolutely nothing because it was completely automatic. Six days later, I had gained one more Eight inch. The result: 8.1 inches! I began to feel more confident as I slept with my Girlfriend, who is always willing to do the dirty. In the end, she told me a lot has changed in me and i now gives her so much orgasms in half an hour. I'm recommending you with similar problem or any health issues like HSV,HPV,ALS,DIABETICE etc., to Get In Contact with Doctor Aziba via Email: Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com & WhatsApp +2348100368288 For Help!









    I Used Dr Aziba Product to solve my Penis Growth For Help!
    problem of 3.8 inches to 9.0 Inches in Less than Seven Days.
    Two hours after starting the Product, I began to feel its results. My penis was tingling (but it did not hurt), and little by little it was growing. Three days later, it already measured 6.6 inches. I had to do absolutely nothing because it was completely automatic. Six days later, I had gained one more Eight inch. The result: 8.1 inches! I began to feel more confident as I slept with my Girlfriend, who is always willing to do the dirty. In the end, she told me a lot has changed in me and i now gives her so much orgasms in half an hour. I'm recommending you with similar problem or any health issues like HSV,HPV,ALS,DIABETICE etc., to Get In Contact with Doctor Aziba via Email: Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com & WhatsApp +2348100368288 For Help!

    ReplyDelete