Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Healing Experience 1 week post-op! (Post op days 7 and 8)

This will be a quick post just to say that now passed the one week mark things are really feeling a lot better. Aching is to a minimum. It's really only the testicles that ache. Ice takes the pain away for the most part. I'm still taking pain medicine here and there sporadically when I need it. But mostly I'm taking the ibuprofen 800mgs and those really seem to help reduce swelling. I started taking them Friday night and since the swelling took a drastic decrease which is nice. Makes everything much more comfortable. I can walk, I have been walking since day 1, it's just I walk very slowly and with my legs far apart like a cowboy. lol I also hunch forward a little bit because it still feels tight on the pubic lift incision. It doesn't hurt to stand but I just feel it pulling and it's uncomfortable plus I want it to heal well so I don't want to stretch the incisions so early on in the healing. But yes, I walk around doing what I need to do. The last two days (post-op days 7 & 8) I pretty much just been getting lots and lots of rest. Playing video games, watching netflix and Shark Week, eating, taking naps. Man, this is the life! Haha.

Later on today I'm going to my transgender support group. My friend is going to drive me. I'm still not driving yet since I'm still periodically taking the pain medicine. Plus, even if I was off all the meds, sitting straight up with legs together is the one position that is really uncomfortable for me, so I don't feel like I'm ready yet to drive.

Anyways, ya, healing is going well. I did send some pictures to my surgeon of the underside of my penis and a section of the testicles.
On the underside of my penis, the stitches look a little rough. It's probably fine but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Before surgery he had mentioned that sometimes where he sews together the skin on the penis there can be a lack of blood flow causing some "tissue breakdown." He said it's no big deal. He'll just prescribe medicine and have me wrap it in bandages and keep it clean. He said it's never been a big problem for any of his patients, it just can be annoying and extends healing time. So just in case, today I snapped a picture of that area for him to check out to let me know if everything is healing properly or not. I have a feeling he's going to say it's fine and to give it more time. lol But I did ask him to let me know what to look for as far as "tissue breakdown" is concerned so I can at least know what to keep my eyes peeled for.
The section of my testicle that I was concerned with, it's no where near where he made the incision. It just looks and feels raw. It's not bleeding or anything but it seems weird so I figured since I was e-mailing him I might as well take pics of it and send it too.

I'm a wicked hypochondriac by the way!!! lol That first few days in the hotel was rough for my friends. They had to many times convince me that my penis was doing just fine. But now I'm home and so far from my surgeon and constantly worrying about it even though it really feels like it's healing quite well. So I'm doing my best to just breathe and let everything heal without worrying about what things are going to look like and how things are healing etc. I don't have a fever; I don't have infections. Everything looks spectacular so far, considering I'm still swollen and stitched up. So I really have nothing to complain about and probably don't have anything to worry about either. :-]

No comments:

Post a Comment